Celebrate Women in Science – Australian Science Week –
Powerhouse Ultimo, Sydney & Online
17th of August, from 5pm to 9.15pm
The AFRAN association and the Embassy of France in Australia are organising a free event celebrating women in science, to be held at the Powerhouse Museum on the 17th of August, from 5pm to 9.15pm.
Register now to attend in person!
5PM – OPENING SPEECH
5.30PM – PANEL DISCUSSION: How is gender equity supported in health science in Australia and in France?
- Prof Katherine Daniell, Research fellow at the Australian National University and President of the Australian French Association for Research and Innovation
- Prof Natalie Hannan, Associate Dean, Diversity & Inclusion at the University of Melbourne, Natalie is passionate about developing new approaches to combat complications in pregnancy
- Dr Claudie Haigneré, First French female astronaut (CNES/ESA), expert in rheumatology and neurosciences, Claudie is a member of several foundations supporting STEM in education and innovation
- Dr Jiawen Li, Senior Lecturer at the University of Adelaide and L’Oréal-UNESCO fellow “For Women in Science”, Jiawen is developing ‘hair-sized’ endoscopes to better diagnose diseases
- Dr Madge Martin, Researcher at the French Research Agency CNRS and L’Oréal- UNESCO fellow “For Women in Science”, Madge allies mathematics, mechanics & biology to better understand living tissues
6.45PM – COCKTAIL
7.30PM – FILM SCREENING: Marie-Curie and the courage of knowledge, 2016, by Marie-Noël Sehr
- Powerhouse Museum
|17/08/22||5:00 pm - 9:15 pm||
Add to Calendar